- 4 Baker Roosters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60g pack sliced pepperoni, torn
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ small pack basil leaves, shredded
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Scrub the potatoes and dry well, then prick several times with a fork.
- Bake directly on the oven shelf for 1-1½ hrs, until they feel soft.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a small pan and sauté the onion for 5 mins to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and pepperoni, and cook for 1-2 mins, then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins.
- Season and stir in half the basil.
- Spoon over the split potatoes and top each one with a good handful of cheese and the rest of the basil.