Recipe by Jenny’s Catering
Ballyhea, Charleville, Co. Cork
Tel: 087 9142072
6 medium roosters washed
2 cloves garlic
Salt & pepper
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
Paprika, salt & Pepper or any other seasoning you fancy!
- Wash the roosters
- Pre heat the oven to 180 ⁰c or gas mark 6
- Cut the potatoes into wedges by cutting in ¼ and halving each piece lengthwise & dry
- To avoid using too much fat for these, I prefer to place the potato wedges in a plastic bag and add some oil, the cloves of garlic, just give them a little squash with the back of a knife (no need to peel as you just want to flavour the potatoes not eat the roasted garlic!
- Season well with salt & pepper then shake like a mad person till they are all covered in oil & seasoning. Add a little more oil if needed
- Pour the potatoes onto a baking tray and make sure that the wedges are not heaped together; if your trays are small you might need to divide the wedges onto two trays.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning once after 15 with a fish slice as some may have gotten a little stuck!
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!!!